Why do people blog? I suppose some could just love writing, some just want to rant, some want to promote their businesses, and some want to make money. Uhm, what else? I’d love some input please. I think i first got into blogging mainly because i was curious. My first blog lacked direction. For real. I looked at it one day and i realized it was way too personal. I mean, some of the things i wrote, i would be embarrassed if my mother saw it; and i was posting them on the Web! How dumb was that? So, i took it down.
After several tries i thought my blog should showcase something i totally love – pictures, so i put this blog up. And then, i thought, i needed to practice my writing skills, so i put this blog up. And then, i thought, i needed to write about my work- it would make me sit up, learn, and create awareness, so i put this blog up. Then i thought, hey, what about my fashion interests, and so i put this blog up. In a way again, i’m lacking direction and managing 4 blogs. And even though they are low pressure, i can’t put my all in all of them.
I’ve been trying to get my career off the ground. I’ve got plans. And sometime ago i thought, hey, why can’t you just start off now? So, i’m putting all my personal blogs on hold and concentrating on The Corner Shop. The Corner Shop is true to my career- Sustainable Business Strategy. It will feature Nigerian Small and Medium-scale enterprises, with business advice, and a few fun stuff. Don’t worry, i won’t let it get all stuffy. I’m giving it my full attention, and i pray and hope that it will grow into something special and meaningful. The blog is a big part of my career plan, so fingers crossed for me, and for everyone else trying to make their dreams come true!
Photo from weheartit.com
I should slap myself! I’ve not written anything over here for about two months; not funny. Honestly, i’ve been kinda busy, but honestly, i’ve been kinda lazy too. It’s no excuse though. It seems like i’m forgetting why i started this blog in the first place. I have to keep reminding myself or else i’ll have another relapse. Maybe the answer is pacing; choosing to write a minimum number of posts each month. But i’m back, promising myself, like an addict, to have no more relapses.
amazing comeback, i’m going to write a little about myself cause i was tagged/awarded by the beautiful and talented Ginger. I’m totally jealous of her writing and analytical skills. She reviews movies a lot, and i absolutely love that cause i love movies. The award is the Stylish and Versatile Blogger (which i totally don’t deserve), and the rules are simple: write 7 things about yourself and pass it on. So, here goes:
- I love to sleep. It’s a miracle how i get out of bed in time for work. I’ve had close calls countless times! One day, my boss even asked me how come i’m at work really early (that was a fluke). But this year, things are changing…hopefully!
- I love the night. I would be so awesome as a vampire cause i’d have no angst about never seeing the sun. The night is quiet, starry, and beautiful. I’m definitely an owl (like right now it’s almost 1:30am, and i’m still wide awake)
- I love to watch movies. That’s one of my favorite ways to relax. I get to watch them and not think too strategically (well, except for Inception maybe). Movies help me escape…for 1h45m.
- I love music. I don’t know what i’d do without it. I look forward to hearing new songs and finding old ones. I’ve only got about 1,300 songs on my system though, cause i delete the ones i don’t LOVE. I can lip sync to every one of the songs i have. They range from classics, to rock, to RnB, to dancehall.
- I want to take photography lessons. I suddenly became obsessed with pictures last year. As part of that obsession, i started a blog that showcases all the joys of life, in pictures. I love it.
- I love to eat, and hang out, in bed. There’s just this lazy and relaxing thing about it, even if i’m working on office stuff. Being in bed is really relaxing, and it’s sort of like my haven
- I’m a tad antisocial. I can probably go weeks without seeing any friends. I just like to be in my own space a lot, and i really appreciate those friends of mine who understand and are not like ‘why didn’t you call me?’. There’s a limit though, where i realize it’s not really healthy to be holed up, away from everyone. So, a shout out to my Blackberry for helping me out here
Okey dokey! That’s seven things about me! I’m passing on this award to: Chic Therapy, Looking Glass of an Immigrant, The Amalgamation of Me+Moi+Emi, The Messenger Bag, and Drollgirl. These are amazing gals that i always go back to on the blogosphere.
P.S. Check out Life…Captured (the joys of life blog) for 7 things about me in pictures! I just couldn’t resist hehe.
When I hear people say ‘I feel the urge to write’, all I think is “ugh? What does that even mean?” Well, I knew today. It’s not a feeling you can explain. It’s like stuff is piling up on your chest- as heavy as an elephant, and you just need to…well, to spill. But worse, you don’t even know how to say what you need to say- you might not even know what you need to say. Like right now, I don’t know if you’ve realized that I’m pretty clueless about what I’m writing :s
Okay, in the midst of this gibberish, I have realized that I need a creative outlet. I think everybody does, especially when they have a boring job. My job involves a lot of research and writing, but it’s not fun writing, it’s ‘businessy’ writing, and I’m only just realizing that I need to be good at something creative- something I can do for myself. So, this leads me to wonder what creative thing I like. Uhm…give me a moment…a minute…an hour?
Okay, I like to draw- I remember I really loved fine art in JSS but I totally lost touch. I’ve also been seriously thinking about learning how to design clothes and sew- this urge comes on particularly strong when I’m dealing with my tailor. Oh yeah, and I came across some awesome DIY style blogs and I got really green. So if I like it that much I might as well get some sewing lessons! I’m liking this idea. I’m liking it plenty. Another thing I know I like is photography but I suck a** at it!
Okay, this is my creative resolution for the year: (1) learn how to draw and design female clothing; (2) challenge myself with DIY fashion projects; and (3) practice photography and teach myself Photoshop. I also resolve to not get discouraged cause right now I know NOTHING!
So eagerly, I have created yet another blog (this blog creation is getting out of hand *cringe*) where I’ll be gathering fashion and style DIY projects and How Tos. Wish me luck! I’ll need it x(
Photo Credit: Gasspanic